What Is Turkish Coffee?
Turkish Coffee is a method of making coffee which one is founded by Turks since 1640’s. It has special preperation and serving style and because of that Turkish Coffee is an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Turks confirmed by UNESCO.
Mid-High roasted coffee beans finely ground. After that coffee mixed with water and sugar in a pot known as “cezve”. After that coffee serve in a small cups.
Turkis Coffee made from Arabica type coffee beans.
Turkish Coffee Receipt:
- Put 1 dessert spoon Turkish Coffee in an empty Cezve (Turkish Coffee Pot).
- Put 1 Turkish Coffee Cup cold water in pot.
- Mix coffee and water with a spoon.
- There is generally three options for Turkish Coffee level. You should try all of them and then decided how you want.
- No Sugar: Don’t put any sugar.
- Medium: Put 1 cube sugar or one teaspoon sugar inside the pot.
- Sweet: Put 2 cube sugars or two teaspoon sugar inside the pot.
- Boil it on low heat. But don’t mix it.
- Watch coffee, once it starts boiling take over heat.
- Slowly pour coffee to Turkish Coffee Cups.